Home / About Us / Your Initial Appointment
At Gordon Family Dental we don’t actually do quick check-ups like you may have experienced at other dentists. Our comprehensive examination process is much more thorough than examinations you may have previously had. Your first appointment will take 45 minutes. This appointment includes:
- Intra and extra oral soft tissue exam, including oral cancer screening
- Inspecting your teeth with a diagnostic laser, looking for decay, cracks or faulty restorations
- Examination of your bite to assess whether the way you bite is damaging your teeth or causing pain in your head & neck
- X-rays of teeth, as well as extra and intraoral photos to assist diagnosis
- Thorough gum health analysis
If necessary a second dental appointment is made, free of charge, where a written treatment plan is presented. This will outline the findings from the examination appointment and list options for any dental work you may require. If you are interested in cosmetic enhancement, full details of procedures and fees will be discussed at this appointment.