More often than not, people tend not to visit a dentist unless they develop a problem. By undergoing regular 6 monthly dental check ups, patients will find that they have a better chance of preventing many common oral health problems, such as cavities and gum disease that require more drastic/intensive dental procedures/treatments.
Are you overdue for a general check-up? Come and talk to our experienced and friendly team about how we can assist you today.
Dental check-up – It’s all about prevention
Common dental problems like cavities and gum disease cause little or no pain or discomfort, particularly in the early stages. Aside from the odd sign like a sensitive tooth or traces of blood when you brush your teeth, you may think that everything in your mouth is normal.
Often, it isn’t until the advanced stages of gum disease or cavities, when dental problems really take hold, that you start to feel any signs of discomfort. At this point, more invasive and intensive dental treatment is required to ameliorate these simple and common problems. Visiting your dentist for regular check-ups are essential to good dental health and avoiding intensive dental treatment.
A general check-up and clean is carried out in two stages:
- General check-up or examination; and
- Scaling and dental cleaning.
We guarantee that Gordon Family Dental patients will be treated with the same degree of care and compassion that we would if it were our own family. Ultimately, we care for you just like family and treat you just like family would. That’s our promise to you.
What happens during a general check-up and clean in Gordon?
Before beginning any examination, our dentists ensure that our patients are feeling comfortable and relaxed. Our routine dental examinations are both gentle and non-invasive. However,we’re happy to administer anaesthetic should you request it. For your general check-up and clean appointment, you can expect:
- A comprehensive medical check – Having a good understanding of your medical history will allow us to better customise treatments to suit your needs.
- A gentle tooth-by-tooth examination – This is the best way to highlight any problems, check existing restorations, and identify cavities.
- Oral cancer screening – We take great care to thoroughly check for any signs of precancerous conditions in the mouth.
- A thorough periodontal examination – We check the depth of your gum pockets.
- Meticulous dental cleaning for Gordon patients – This includes a de-scale to remove all traces of damaging plaque (tartar)
- A final polish – This is done to remove any intrinsic teeth staining.
Call (02) 9159 6163 to book your 6-monthly check up and clean appointment and ensure that your oral health remains on track, both now and in the future.